Cookies are small text files that are saved by your web browser on your computer or phone when you browse around websites. They help make websites work better and in some cases at all. EU legislation means that I have to ask for permission from you to set cookies on your computer.
Reasons for using cookies include:
- Helping to make the website work
- Improving the speed/security of the site
- Making improvements to the website over time
- Keeping the website well maintained
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks (there are no such adverts)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below.
More about cookies
Website functionality cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to the blog
- Providing a cache to make the site load more quickly
- A solution to squish link spam
This website includes functionality provided by third parties. This includes cookies associated with the Google Analytics included in the site.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser setting to stop it accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of this website and the vast majority of many other websites. Cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
If you want to know more about the cookies used on this site, feel free to contact me.
First published: 3rd August 2020
Last updated: 3rd August 2020